Sunday, February 5, 2012

Movie Time

I just set my DVR to record The Big Chill for me later tonight.  It's on now, but, of course, the big game will be starting soon so I have to watch.  My interest lies in the commercials mostly.  I have one daughter that is a big Tom Brady fan and he did go to University of Michigan, so we that bleed blue, will be cheering him on.

I had mentioned yesterday, that I thought I would make cabbage rolls for dinner Sunday.  Terry so sweetly said, " Nothing screams Super Bowl like Galumpkis."  So I changed that to home made pizza.  Goodness....
I thought of another movie that I liked that is rarely on TV.  I really can't say that I remember it being on, but it must have been.  I know I watched it first on VHS.

That movie is Sommersby with Richard Gere and Jodie Foster.



Jodie Foster's husband ( Richard Gere)  comes home from the Civil War changed in many ways.  She thought he was dead and is now engaged to another man.  Still, she takes him back.  Is he the man she married is the big question.  


This is such a chick flick.   I proudly say that in the most heartwarming, tear jerking, big sigh award wining way.

10 comments:

Maryhocam said...

Love when I get the chance to watch a good chick flick, Beaches and Shirley Valentine are two of my all time favourites.

Deanna said...

Oh my. You and I could have such a great chick flick marathon! Loved Somersby! (and Big Chill).

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the game, even though the Pats lost. Boo-hoo!

As for movies, I haven't watched one in over a year. But, I LOVE Richard Gere!!!

Rae said...

This a great movie. I am a Richard Gere fan.

Intense Guy said...

Hey!!! I actually saw this movie!! I saw it!!! I saw it!!!

(I love Jodie Foster but not in a Hinkley sort of way!)

I did, however, not watch the stupor bowl. Your Galumpkises (Galumpk-eye?) would have been a treat here!

Far Side of Fifty said...

No stupor bowl for me either "Thanks Iggy" it fits my mood about it perfectly. Someone won and a super star model was angry cause prayer did not work so good for her.

We watched the cooking channels until 9 when the voice came on..:)

Anonymous said...

your grandson got a big laugh out of the cabbage rolls too.
Daughter1

Chatty Crone said...

Was it a good show? sandie

Kay said...

Oh gosh! I remember seeing that movie, but I can't remember how it ended. Hmmmm... I might have to rent that again. :-)

Kathy said...

Oh my! I completely forgot about Sommersby! If you see that it's coming on tv, please let me know!!! I loved that movie :)

Still haven't had time to watch The Big Chill, but I will soon! Perhaps tomorrow night :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...