Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I've Recovered....

Wow, my 4 day mini vacation to Colonial Williamsburg turned into the flu on the 3rd day so I was in bed, in the hotel, for about 24 hours.  When we got home on Monday, I was still sick and only a litttle better on Tuesday but good today. I felt bad for Terry that he was left buddyless for the second half of the last day in the villiage.  He doesn't mind going off on his own, so he did. 

The interpreter for the Governor's Palace was a tiny little thing that sounded just like Katherine Hepburn.  I would have believed anything she told me.

I personally enjoyed the Fop.  The Fops were well educated... had been to Europe "on the tour" and always wore the latest fashions.    Of course, they wanted everyone to know they did, so they were very unruly and loud. Being young, all of this was done with Daddy's money..and in a time when the average colonist traveled no more than 100 miles from home in their entire life.  Only the young women were attracted to them.  hmmmmm, I think there are still a few around today.  Those children of celebrities that have no talent, just a name. 

I'm a history addict and didn't know that Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown are so close together.  All within a 20 mile area easily.  It was not possible to see everything in a 4 day weekend, but now that we live this close (about a 4 hour drive), I know we'll go back.

Now I need to get caught up on what everyone else has been posting.  I do want to thank eveyone that stopped by while I was gone.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you recover quickly..sound like a great little vacation..minus the flu:(

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you got ill on your vacation :( It sounded like an interesting place to visit! I hope you continue to feel better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...