This week there have been a few Pop Culture things that got my attention. So here's what I think...
1. I read in my Entertainment Weekly that Cher has said she is not planning to retire anytime soon...or something to that effect. She's about 65 I think. What I am wondering is this: Am I ready to see Cher's tattooed butt while she is sings "If I Could Turn Back Time" at 70? I have been a Cher fan since I was 14.. I saw her on stage for her Retirement tour. Remember that one? It ran for about 2 years. She is marvelous. All my daughters were with me. I remember I remarked "Look at her showing off her 50 something (at the time) year old boobs." and my oldest daughter replied, "Those boobs are only two or three years old at most."
I say it's time she reinvent herself and put away the body revealing costumes and take a page from Elton John and Rod Stewart. They both have hung up their pink satin pants and boas and are now in conservative suits. They look and sound wonderful. I'm still a big fan of both. Cher still has Bob Mackie designing those stunning gowns that would take her to a whole new level of entertainer. What do you think? She can still be stunning, like this.
2. I DVR "Hoarders". It creeps me out. I always get a sick knot in my stomach watching it but I don't stop. I am constantly amazed at what people keep and what conditions they live in. I wonder where was the moment that they said to themselves " I'm good with this."
3. Terry brought this to my attention. They both have the "crazy face" going on here. Scary people. Where is she? As long as she's not next door, I really don't care.
4. On the acts of terror in Norway. Awful, awful stuff. Unfortunately there are loony birds everywhere. I heard a Norwegian reporter say, "We expect this in the United States. Not here." I've not yet heard anything on the "why" of it. There is just no good answer to that question.
5. Amy Winehouse....Not surprised. She's been broken for years.
6. J Lo and Marc Anthony split. I don't know much about him. I know he's a very successful singer and control addict. I'm thinking "You fool"... There's only one direction to go after you are divorced from the "World's Most Beautiful Woman".
That's all I can think of right now. Do you have any humble opinions you would like to share? I'm interested.