Monday, July 4, 2011

My Identity Crisis

I have been trying to find the "perfect" pictures to add to a header for this baby boomer blog.  Also, I want to have something that will display with my comments as well.  It's not an easy thing deciding what  do I want to represent.   We boomers are so many things.  We've covered a lot of decades and I've got the hairstyles to prove it.

From my young adult years, ages 17 - 26,  this is what I'm finding.  This is what happens when you invest 9 years in a bad High School  relationship that turned into a bad first marriage and your dear, sweet Mother, (I can't say hated, she was too nice) but, really, really disliked that said person.

I have to laugh.   She had no control over my situation, but she sure could wield a pair of scissors with the best of them.  I know she got great satisfaction out of  snipping out that bit of rubbish.  So among the albums, I come across a piece of a picture here and there.... little snippets of myself.

I'm still looking and deciding what feels right.  In the  meantime, thought I would share a piece of myself, thanks to Mom.  We laughed about it when she was still here.  She would appreciate knowing I still get a kick out of this. 

How 1950s are those curtains? I think there are pictures of them in 2 other houses!  This was early 1970 too. Those curtains stayed there until my sister bought her new ones.

11 comments:

mary said...

Are you saying your mom cut the guy out of your photos? How funny (that is, if you didn't mind her doing so). I married my high school sweet heart too. We are still going after 38 years.

Sweet Tea said...

How unny that your mom cut him out of the photos - if it were only that easy. Lol. You were such a cutie. Did you have a "wiglet" on in that first photo? Boy do I remember those.

Kathy said...

LOL Love those "snipets" of photographs! I'll bet my mom would've done the same thing, if my situation had been the same. My mom was something else :) She always admired my hubby's legs. LOL

mary said...

By the way, any of your photos would be great. You are fortunate to be a very pretty young lady!~ I really like the one where you are wearing anklets. The look on your face makes me wonder what you are up to!

Feisty Crone said...

Hey, you and I had some of the same haircuts long ago :) I love that your mom cut the guy out of the photo. My parents hated my first steady beau, after I was out of high school. He was older, and my father always used to say "That guy could travel around the world on 5 bucks." Dad was right, Mom didn't say a word. She didn't have to :)

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Mary - Thank you for the compliments. I am finding most of my blog friends that married their HS sweethearts are still married. I love the success stories.

Sweet Tea - I think I had that Wiglet on i n all of them. I hadn't even noticed that? Wish I had one now!

Kathy - you are one of those success stories! I think I would have liked your Mom.

Gran - my parents never said anything at all. I doubt I would have listened. You're right in saying "She didn't have to". I know it was difficult for them.

Good things are worth waiting for and my Mom loved Terry. Our next anniversary in Jan 2012 will be 30 years.

Tina L. Hook said...

I look forward to seeing which photo you land on. I think these are adorable.

Anonymous said...

what about your H.S. senior picture? :)
yfs

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cool photos..your hair looks perfect! Your Mom must have had some great fun cutting him out of the photos..I am sure I would have liked her..I wonder if she threw darts at the remnants or just sliced them up:)

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

YFS - I was alone in my HS Senior Pic.

Far Side - She probably cut the pieces into pieces. :) And enjoyed every minute of it.

Intense Guy said...

Nothing like some Voodoo therapy with sharp sissors!

In that second picture - you look a lot like Mila Kunis to me.

:) You have a dyn-o-mite smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...