Monday, July 25, 2011

You Have to See This

It's me here.  The dance fanatic.  Last week on  So You Think You Can Dance   one from my favorite All Stars came back to dance with one of the Top 10 dancers.  The All Star is Twitch whose personal style is Hip Hop was teamed up with Sasha, one of this year's top competitors.  Together I thought they made magic.  Of course, the song they danced to was one of my all time favorites and I have posted it in the part.  I hope you still enjoy it and the performances.

The premise is"  a couple that have let their relationship go stale and she is not having anymore of it.   I just have to share.


I tried this with Terry just the other morning over his bowl of Crunchy Raisin Bran. It didn't end this way.  The hop up on the table did me in.

I have heard some pretty crappy renditions of this song.  I love country music, but Reba should not have done it.  Mary J. Blige, for a current person, nailed it out of the park.  But, while I was looking for the SYTYCD version, I found this amazing 13 year old singing  the Dorothy Moore classic.   I usually don't think a young person can carry the full weight of a song like that but I think she did a super job.  Watch for her to start bouncing on the balls of her feet when she is getting ready to really hit the pain and heart of the song.



I hope you enjoyed her.  I sure do.

6 comments:

Bobbie said...

Thanks for sharing... That first video was -Wow! These two have moves!! That was funny what you wrote about trying it with Terry... LOL I tried to picture myself doing it and it was even funnier.

Sweet Tea said...

I could hear the music but I couldn't get the "dance" to jive. We've had a bit of a "misty blue" morning and evening with 2 quick down pours of much needed rain!
Amazed that you and Terry had your dancin' shoes on at breakfast - what a power couple!

Intense Guy said...

My goodness... I don't think I have ever been as agile as the dancing couple! And today, my knees and feet ached just watching them!

That 13 year old really can sing!!

Deanna said...

That first video was like how in the world can anyone move like that! Amazing. The 13 year old has an amazing voice and seemed to really feel the intensity of the beautiful song. I kept wanting to shush the backup singers - they kept overpowering her performance!

Nice share.

Deanna

Far Side of Fifty said...

LOL..I hope you didn't injure yourself permanently!
They are quite the dancing pair..I enjoyed it.
I don't listen to much music ( except for the oldies of the 50's and 60's) so I have not heard this song before:)

Andrea said...

This sentence about the table doing you in is hilarious. And I loved that routine, too. I haven't been Sasha's biggest fan, as I absolutely love and adore Melanie, but I am on Twitch's team always, and he helped her kick it up many notches. Excellent stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...