Monday marked 5 years that Mom has been gone. I don't like to say it's an anniversary because that sounds like something to celebrate and that's not what I feel. I celebrate her Birthday and try not to give much credence to the day she left us. I only made a brief mention on Facebook of it being a long day. My sister responded, "I hear ya". That's all that was needed. This year, though, I'm stuck. So, I'm giving this post to Mom today. I think she's been sitting on shoulder nagging me to do something positive. So, here Mom, are some of your favorite things.
1. Anything pink, but rosebushes are best.
2. Two Favorite Movies were:
3. She liked Elvis Gospel music, Il Divo, Barbra Streisand, Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.
4. Books and books and more books: Nora Roberts, Taylor Caldwell, and Danielle Steel
5. And of course, she loved us. All of her children, her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren. No, we weren't at the bottom of her list, but if I had started with each of us at the top, there would have been no more room.
So these are a few of Mom's favorites I know she would have shared with you. She would have shared much more and told you all of my stories and those of my sister and brother as well. To say she never met a stranger is very apt. Who knows what she would have said in a blog or on Facebook, but I do know she would have had followers for sure.