Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Us

Because I live states away from my daughters and will not be able to spend the day with them, I thought I would share this space with these ladies.  This is my grandmother holding my mother.  Mom was born in 1930,  at the beginning of the Depression, in Leachville, Arkansas, but grew up in Kennett, Missouri.  There is no information on the back of the photo.


They are both gone now but they are probably having unsweetened ice tea together.  Maybe sitting in a garden .  Grandma liked vegetable gardens but Mom liked flowers.  I think they'll work that out.  On Sunday, when I'm having my tea, I'll toast those ladies and say thanks for all they gave me.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Mother's Day! Wonderful old photo..thanks for sharing:)

Tina L. Hook said...

A beautiful photo. Loved this.

Feisty Crone said...

wonderful photo! Happy Mother's Day (belated, of course).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...