Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Pair of Train Wrecks

I was watching the trial for the train wreck that is Casey Anthony on TruTV this morning. My plan had to been to follow the news updates but I'd not seen much. With all the tornadoes hitting lately there is really not time for much other news, other than maybe Obama and Israel.

I tried to watch some of the "Issues with Jane Velez Mitchell"  but both her voice and Nancy Grace's sound like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.  Why do they have to scream and beat to death a question before it's answered.   This trial is just now getting started.  Little Caylee has been dead since June of 2008 and it now late May 2011.  3 years later.  What the heck took so long?  I've gotten 3 jury summons in my life and was dismissed in questioning.  I would have a difficult time sitting on this jury.   I couldn't be impartial.

The other case I've been following is Amanda Knox in Perugia, Italy.  In 2010 she had declared guilty  murdering  her British roommate Meredith Kercher in November, 2007.  She was convicted, I feel, on shoddy DNA evidence.  In my search just now, I see that the appeal trial is over and the family is hopeful but that the decision may not be reached until September.  Both she and her parents are charged with slandering the police department, saying that Amanda had been abused by police while she was being questioned. Knox's parents are also due to stand trial separately in July for this.   I don't believe this girl is guilty of the murder or of slander.  I believe the appeal is a court decision, not a jury one.

Lizzie Borden was acquitted.  OJ was found not guilty.  Not being a fly on the wall, we have to go with what the juries decide.  I'm glad it's not me.

5 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I have been following the Casey Anthony trial too. After watching everything unfold I can't even imagine a scenario where she could even possibly be NOT guilty. Very sad.

Amanda Knox.
I really wanted to believe she was not guilty but it seems the evidence points to her guilt, even if the DNA is weak. It seems she behaved under the influence of drugs. again, very sad...Talk about a slow legal system!

Intense Guy said...

I feel so "out of it" - I don't even know who Casey Anthony is!

Just Stuff From a Boomer said...

Oh, Iggy, it's just as well.

Sweet Tea (I love your blog name) The sad thing is these girls families are also paying a big price.

Anonymous said...

I agree, both of these cases are "train wrecks". I'm not sure about the Amanda Knox case, but my opinion tends to lean toward guilty. As for Casey Anthony, she's definately guilty in my opinion. I'm holding my breath that she doesn't get off on a "technicality".

I also agree with you about Nancy Grace's voice! Awful!

Feisty Crone said...

I'm watching the Casey Anthony trial on truTv also, since my doctor has me home for a few days (don't think it's serious). The Anthony family is one big train wreck, in my opinion, and I think that Casey is guilty.

I'm less sure about the Amanda Knox case because I just don't follow it, I don't know why.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...