Thursday, May 5, 2011

Random Thoughts

1.  Is it just me or is anyone else wondering:   Bin Laden in a "million dollar" compound. Really?  Did anyone see the pictures before reporting that? It looks like cement block and plywood. Hussein's palaces, yes.   He who shall not be named...no.

2.  After 25 years on the air, I will miss Oprah's show when she retires. (Just 15 episodes left)   But, not, I don't think, as much as the book publishers.

3.  The in place to shop was The Chess King for men's clothing and Foxmoor for women, in the 1970s. 

4.  Love "Mad Men".   My parents never had cocktails.  Only at holiday time did my mother, sometimes,  buy Mogan David wine.  I remember the flippy hairstyles and the waist fitting dresses.

5.  Are there more commercials and less program now?

6.  As a teen, I had a dentist named Dr, Hollar.

7.  Grit Magazine

8.  One of the houses I lived in,  had both a laundry chute and a milk door that the Twin Pines Milk delivery guy could open from the outside, set the bottles in the cubby,  and my mother could open from the inside to retrieve.

9  Arsenio Hall's "Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm?"   segment on his 1980s show.

Please do leave your random thought.  Sometimes they just don't fit anywhere else.

4 comments:

Feisty Crone said...

I can remember when you could buy one huge dill pickle for 5 cents.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I remember sitting in the garage service bay..way up high in the car on the hoist..hanging out the window talking to the mechanic. That is random.
Grit Magazine..they still publish it..a couple of the bloggers I follow are featured in it often:)

Intense Guy said...

I too, found that "luxury mansion" tripe the media was spewing about "He who shall not be named" to be a bit much.

Dr. Hollar! LOL! I wonder if that hurt his business any?

I remember ads for young boys (like me) to sell "Grit". I don't think I ever saw one - much less read one.

I often have my best random thoughts in the morning shower (or the drive to work) - where do you have yours?

Tina L. Hook said...

I am going to miss Oprah too. I feel like I grew up with her. It will be interesting to see if anyone can take her place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...