Sunday, May 1, 2011

Update for Aunt Minnie

I have to give a big shout out of thanks to 2 of my blog friends, for setting me on the path, of finding a new home for Aunt Minnie, here with her family.

Blogs "Far Side of Fifty" and  "Forgotten Old Photos"  are the same wonderful woman.  She got in touch with a blog friend of hers that is a superman at tracking down relatives.  His blog "Intense Guy" are on my list of blogs I like.  Do check them out.  He, in turn, sent much information I could use.

This morning I called Bessie's ( The little girl on her Daddy's knee)  oldest grandson, Tim.  He was thrilled to hear about the photo.  "Intense Guy" had emailed me a copy of her oobituary so I knew she had passed away in 2005.  Tim was able to tell me she was 94.  She had gone out on the porch to feed the cats and  had somehow fallen.  Minnie also was in her 90's at the time of her death.  Both were well loved ladies.

So Monday I will get the photo and other materials in the mail to their new home.  I can get a copy made of the picture and keep that one instead.  I'm sure the original will be cherished.

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful!! I am so glad it worked out to return it to close family members who will appreciate it! Iggy is awesome, I swear he can find anyone! :)

Intense Guy said...

Ah! I am delighted you found your cousins and that they will soon look upon their hardy ancestors with pride and appreciation!

:)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a beautiful gift this will be for the family members. Your just awesome.

I just adore this old family picture.

God bless ya and have a beautiful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's amazing how everything worked out! I love happy endings :)

Debbie said...

What a great reunion that will be!
And this would never have happened without the internet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...